Birmingham City Council

West Midlands Police and Crime Panel - Complaints and Misconduct Procedure

The West Midlands Police and Crime Panel is responsible for handling complaints about the conduct of Bob Jones - Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) and Yvonne Mosquito - Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner (Deputy PCC).

If your complaint alleges criminal conduct we will record it then refer it to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) for investigation.

Non-criminal complaints are dealt with by the Panel, usually through a process called informal resolution. This is where the Panel mediates between both parties to solve, clarify, explain or settle the matter without investigation or formal proceedings.

If you have an ongoing complaint, we would normally require that complaint process to be completed before we look into the matter.

For more information please read our Guide to Making a Complaint.

If you wish to make a complaint please download and complete a Complaint Form (attached below).

Send your completed form via:


or post: WMPCP, Scrutiny Office, Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BB.

The full version of the Panel’s Complaints Procedure can also be downloaded

There are some complaints we can’t look into because we do not have the legal power to do so. There are separate procedures for the following complaints:

Complaints about operational policing matters or the performance of West Midlands Police or any of its officers are dealt with by the West Midlands Police Professional Standards Department.

Complaints about the Chief Constable and the West Midlands Office for Policing and Crime staff, including the Assistant PCCs and Non-Executive Board Members are dealt with by the Police and Crime Commissioner

Complaints about the administration of the Police and Crime Panel should be sent to Birmingham City Council Your Views.

Complaints about the conduct of individual Panel Members should be directed to the relevant Standards Board.

Published Outomes of Complaints against the PCC or Deputy PCC

The following complaints have been resolved under the Panel's complaints procedure: