Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Wise Move

If you are moving to a smaller home, then Wise Move may be able to help you with things like moving, decorating and new furniture.
The Wise Move team supports Birmingham City Council tenants who are moving from a house or maisonette with three or more bedrooms to a smaller home.

How to find a smaller property

Wise Move logo

Before the Wise Move team can help you move home, you will need to find a smaller home to move to.

What do you mean by ‘Wise Move’?

If you live in a council property that is too big for you, and you would like to move to a more manageable home that is better suited to your needs, then Wise Move is the scheme you need. We provide a range of support to help you to organise a move and we may be able to cover some of the costs to adapt your new home to your needs.

Call us on 0121 303 6825 or write to us at Wise Move, PO Box 16779, Birmingham, B2 2NX.

We will let you know whether you qualify for the service within one working day if you telephone us or within three working days if you write to us.

What sort of work can I have done on my new home?

We are able to give you help to make you feel at home in your new property, from help with decorating to getting new floor coverings. You can discuss your individual needs with your Wise Move advisor.

How can I share my views on the Wise Move service?

We will give you a customer satisfaction survey to complete once you have moved home.

Or you can leave a comment, compliment or complaint about any council service on our Your Views page.