Waste & Recycling
As part of a national dispute on pay, refuse collection and street cleaning services may be affected on Thursday (10 July) along with other council services in Birmingham and across the country.
Residents who are due to have a rubbish, recycling or green waste recycling collection on Thursday are asked to put their bin, sacks or boxes out for collection as usual. If these have not been collected by the end of the day, please leave the rubbish and recycling out for collection – which will be collected during the weekend or earlier if possible so there is no need for residents to report a missed collection as this will not result in a quicker service.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the strike action and assure residents we will do our best to collect the waste as soon as we can.
Rubbish and Recycling
- Find out about large items (bulky waste) collections
- Report damaged or lost bins/sacks
- Report a missed Collection
- Request assisted collection service
- Check your Refuse/Recycling Collection day
- Household Recycling Centres (Tips)
- Local Recycling Centres (bottle, paper and textile banks)
- Find out about recycling
- Re-use charities and organisations in Birmingham
- Request street cleaning (including dead animal and leaf fall removal)
- Request graffiti removal
- Report flyposting
- Report a problem with a litter bin
- Find out about public toilets
- Find out about dumped rubbish (flytipping)
- Report Spilled Refuse