Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable tonight from 8.00pm until 2.00am tomorrow morning.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
- To reduce the amount of short journeys made by private car through encouraging a modal shift to walking.
- To set out the role that walking can play in meeting the transportation needs of residents and visitors.
- To assist in meeting health improvement targets by developing walking as a key public health initiative.
- To promote the role of walking for leisure, environmental and personal security benefits.
- Through a linked action plan, to assist in the delivery of city and national strategies.
- To propose a methodology for setting targets, monitoring progress and reviewing achievements.