In the West Midlands, we aim to:
- promote sustainability
- promote cycling and walking
- help reduce local pollution
- reduce road congestion
- improve people's health
- improve the local environment through cleaner air and lower noise levels
- free up land which would otherwise be used for car parking
- help reduce demand for parking.
Through this we hope to make the West Midlands a better, healthier place in which to live and work. Even making small changes to the number and type of car journeys, or the way you drive, can have a big impact on you and your environment.
Here in Birmingham, TravelWise operates a number of schemes to help you to travel more sustainably:
- Company TravelWise for businesses
- Community TravelWise for community and faith groups
- School TravelWise for schools
Birmingham City Council is affiliated to ACT TravelWise.