Sutton Coldfield Town Centre Regeneration Framework - Supplementary Planning Document (SPD)
The Sutton Coldfield Town Centre Regeneration Framework was prepared to assist the area fulfil its potential as a centre offering the quality of shopping, leisure and residential opportunities demanded by its residents.
The purpose of the Framework is to:
- establish the Town Centre as a destination and location to visit for a range of activities, not just shopping
- recapture the grandeur of the 'Royal Town'
- enhance the retail area and provide a mix of uses to help encourage investment in the town
- highlight and promote Sutton Park
- improve pedestrian and cycle routes to reduce the dominance of motor vehicles
- consider the historic nature of the 'Old Town' and its future commerial role
The Framework was adopted as a Supplementary Planning Document in November 2009. This document should be read in conjunction with the draft Sutton Coldfield High Street Conservation Area Character Appraisal and Management Plan currently being prepared.
The Framework is attached below, along with a map showing the area covered by the proposals.
Document Status : Statutory Policy Document - Adopted November 2009
Last Updated : 17th January 2014