Street Naming and Numbering
Street naming and numbering is a legal function of the council to allocate house numbers and road names to new developments and property conversions. All requests for naming and numbering must therefore be submitted to us so that they can be officially allocated and registered. We also maintain the definitive record (Local Land and Property Gazetteer) of all street names and property addresses.
Does a Street Nameplate need repair or replacing?
Submit your fault report here.
For more information about Street Naming and Numbering, please see the following pages:
- Application Form - Addressing for Building Conversions
- Application Form - Change of Name or Registering an Address
- Application Form - New Street Naming and Numbering
- Importance of Street Naming and Numbering
- Who Should Apply
- When to Apply
- How to Apply
- How long it will take
- Proposals to name a new road
- Naming a House
- Renaming or numbering of an existing Street
- Street Nameplates