Sports Pitch Maintenance
You can use the above buttons to report a problem with sport pitch maintenance or if you are having problems accessing a pitch you have booked.
Pitch bookings are managed by Sport and Leisure who can be contacted on 0121 464 6024. Some sports pitches are hired out to leagues for regular matches and are not available for public use. Parks and Nature Conservation are responsible for unlocking and locking gates to pitches and changing rooms to control use. Sometimes teams arrive and find they cannot get access. There may be several reasons that gates may not have been opened:
- The match may have been cancelled by the referee
- The pitch may not be playable due to snow or excessive rain
- The contractors may not have received the fixture list
- The contractors may have been delayed or prevented from attending
The Parks Service arrange for the football and rugby pitches to be remarked weekly throughout the winter allowing for additional maintenance such as over seeding, pitch spiking etc during the optimum periods. Posts are usually removed and repainted at the end of the season.
During the summer months a high maintenance programme exists for cricket and bowls pitches around the Birmingham parks. These facilities require additional expertise and a good knowledge of groundsmanship from our service providers and this level of competency is also reflected in the maintenance of the city’s golf courses.
You can report problems such as:
- Markings not done or badly done
- Goal posts not put up or stolen
- Grass not cut
- Uneven or damaged pitches
- Poor quality grass / pitch repair