Equality, Community Safety and Cohesion Service
Birmingham is, outside of London, the UK’s most diverse city, made up of a wide range of cultural, faith and other communities. Promoting equality and tackling inequalities is therefore at the heart of the goals of Birmingham City Council, which are fundamental to building a strong local economy and a fair society; and in these difficult economic times they become even more important.
These pages will provide you with an insight on our equalities work that assists the City Council in delivering on its priorities to create a fair, prosperous and democratic city.
- Equality Act 2010
- Protected Characteristics
- Public Sector Equality Duty:
- Equality Information
- Objectives and Assessments
Delivering on Equalities
- Birmingham Faith Map
- Birmingham Community Safety Partnership
- Equality Framework for Local Government (EFLG)
- Hate Crime
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index
- Workforce Monitoring Data will be available here soon