Unfortunately some of our forms will be unavailable between 03/07/15 (17:00 hours) and 06/07/15 (08:00 hours). We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
We provide information and advice to landlords on a variety of subjects including:
- finding tenants
- tenancy agreements
- landlord access to tenant benefits and arrears
- overpayments of rent
- renting out houses for multiple occupation (HMOs)
- property inspections
- tenants and antisocial behaviour
- ending a tenancy
- property repairs
- our enforcement policy.
We have a number of frequently asked questions, associated documents and service links to help you. To request advice online using the link at the top of the page.
Birmingham City Council is consulting on proposals to extend the licensing of privately rented homes, including Homes in Multiple Occupation (HMOs). To find out more and give your views, please read the Cabinet Member report attached below and visit www.birminghambeheard.org.uk/place/initial-consultation-hmo-licensing.
- Home Stamp
- Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA)
- National Approved Letting Scheme
- Department for Communities and Local Government
- Residential Landlords Association
- National Landlords Association
- LACORS (Local Authority Co-ordinators of Regulatory Services)
- Gas Safety Advice - Health and Safety Executive
- Midland Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Trustmark – Helps you find reliable, trustworthy tradesmen
- Health and Housing Rating System
- Housing Act 2004
- Homestamp fire and security protection standards
- Gas Safe Register
- Private Housing: HMO Licensing
- Let to Birmingham
- Private Housing Enforcement Policy
- Report an Empty Property
- Landlords Forum Steering Group
- Energy Efficiency Advice and Assessment
- Private Housing: Tenant Advice
- Landlords – tackling antisocial behaviour
- Housing benefit
- Planning Applications
- Building consultancy
- What is a ‘fit and proper person’?