Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Applying for a School Place


You can apply online for your child's school place for September 2016, as long as you live in Birmingham.

There are four different online application forms:

  • Reception Class admissions
  • Year 3 at a junior school if your child is attending a linked infant school
  • Year 7 at a secondary school or academy
  • Year 10 at a 14 - 19 academy

To begin your application for a school place, please choose from the two links below:

Apply online for a Reception and Year 3 school place from September 2015

Apply online for a Year 7 or Year 10 place from September 2015.

Essential Information
  • If you live outside Birmingham, but wish to apply for a Birmingham primary school(s), you must apply to the local authority in which you live (i.e. the Council to which you pay your Council Tax) for their preference form. You can include Birmingham schools on that form and return it to them.

    The Online Schools Directory gives information about all Birmingham schools including contact details, maps and links to each school's website, where there is one.

    For schools outside Birmingham view a range of useful contact information in the contacts section of essential information

    If you have other questions about the admissions process, or want some help please contact School Admissions and Pupil Placements Service. (See contact detail in the essential information section).

  • Coventry City Council
    Telephone: 02476 831577

    Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
    Telephone: 01384 814223

    Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council
    Telephone: 0121 569 6765

    Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
    Telephone: 0121 704 6693

    Telephone: 01785 278 593

    Walsall Council
    Telephone: 01922 686 585

    Warwickshire County Council
    Telephone: 01926 742 037 (Secondary Team)

    Wolverhampton City Council
    Telephone: 01902 554 176

    Worcestershire County Council
    Telephone: 01905 822 700

External Links
We are not responsible for the content of other organisations' websites

Website feedback

What do you think of this page?