Leave it clean
Are you moving out of your council home?
Would £100 help with your costs of moving?
If your answer to these questions is YES, then we could help you.
We want to encourage you to leave your home clean and tidy when you move out, so we are offering you £100.
Leaving your home clear of rubbish and furniture will mean that we'll be able to relet it more quickly and help someone else move into their new home.
To get the money you must:
- be up to date with your rent payments
- give four weeks notice that you are leaving
- hand in your keys including front and back doors, door entry keys and key fobs at a specified housing office by midday on the Monday that your tenancy ends
- make sure that the home you are leaving, including any loft and garden space, is free from rubbish, furniture and floor coverings, and that all item s of waste have been disposed of correctly
- leave no repairs outstanding that we would recharge to you
- be available for a housing officer to visit your home before you lea ve.
For more details, please contact your local applications and transfers team or read the leaflet attached below.