Iron Lane Junction Improvements
Iron Lane / Station Road / Flaxley Road - Junction Improvements
Birmingham City Council has secured funding from Central Government as part of the Local Growth Fund for highway improvements at Iron Lane / Station Road / Flaxley Road, in order to better manage traffic and provide the additional capacity necessary to support economic growth. Proposals for the highway improvements are shown on drawing CA-02709-S1-005 and on separate drawings CA-02709-S1-006 and CA-02709-S1-007.
The main elements of the scheme are:
- Widening of Station Road (between Burney Lane and Flaxley Road) to dual carriageway, including a new bridge structure over the River Cole.
- Modifications to Burney Lane / Stechford Lane / Station Road roundabout including new dedicated slip lane from Stechford Lane to Station Road.
- Replacement of the existing signal controlled gyratory system at Station Road / Flaxley Road / Iron Lane with two new roundabout junctions.
- New shared use cycle / footways.
- Three new Toucan crossings and relocation of an existing pedestrian crossing.
- Provision to allow for a left turn into Stechford Road from Stechford Lane.
- No exit from Albert Road onto Station Road, and creation of service roads to properties 51 to 61 Station Road and properties 16 to 30 Flaxley Road.
- Revised bus stop locations.
The public consultation is now closed. We thank you for visiting this webpage and providing feedback.
The scheme will be reviewed in light of the feedback received which may result is some changes to the proposals. The proposed scheme plans, including any updates will be available to view on this page.
The Full Business Case for the scheme will be developed and presented in autumn 2015 to Cabinet Member for approval. Subject to securing all approvals and private land interests the works are programmed to commence on site spring 2016.
To discuss these proposals further, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. or telephone 0121 303 7192
Comments can also be provided in writing to:
Birmingham City Council,
PO Box 16719
Birmingham B2 2GA