Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Insurance Claims


There may be occasions where Birmingham City Council could be responsible for causing damage to people's property or even causing bodily injury. In such cases if the Council can be shown to be legally liable it will offer compensation for the effects of its actions.

Generally, if you wish to make a claim against the Council you should write a letter providing details of the incident (eg, nature of the damage/injury, when and where it happened, etc). This letter should then be forwarded to the school, leisure centre or neighbourhood office, etc, concerned.

In cases where you are uncertain as to where to address your correspondence, or should you require any advice or guidance on how to make a claim, please contact the Council's Insurance Office by email at insurance@birmingham.gov.uk or telephone number 0121 303 3288.

Essential Information
  • There is no additional information