Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk



If you’re worried about drug dealing or drug use in your area contact the Police on 0345 113 5000. Remember never put your own safety at risk. You can also report substance misuse using the button above.

Essential Information
  • We have set up the Community Safety Partnership, a specialist team that deals with Antisocial Behaviour across the city.

    In the first instance, so long as it's safe, we will always advise you to speak directly with whoever is causing the problem.

    Many disputes between neighbours could be resolved just by talking to each other. Your neighbour may not even realise that they’re causing a nuisance.

    If you’re being subjected to persistent Antisocial Behaviour, we’ll then refer your complaint either to the Community Safety Partnership or the council department best placed to deal with your specific issue.

    If you’re a tenant of a registered social landlord, we may give you their contact details, if the matter is something that they have the power to deal with.

    In an emergency you should always call 999 and report the matter to the police.

  • For help and advice

    The Birmingham Drug and Alcohol Action Team
    If you're concerned about yours or someone else's drug or alcohol use call the Birmingham Drug and Alcohol Action team on 0800 073 0817 for help and advice or visit the website at www.bdaat.co.uk

    24 hour confidential help line offering advice information and support on drug related issues. This number will not show on itemised phone bills 0800 77 66 00.


    AddAction Birmingham
    Drug and alcohol treatment charity. Helps individuals and communities to manage the effects of drug and alcohol misuse. 0121 465 4030


    Support agency for people affected by someone’s drug use 0845 120 3745.

    Norman Imlah Day Centre
    Help and support for people with alcohol problems 0121 685 6346.

    Turning Point
    Birmingham drug line 0121 632 6363.

    Turning Point
    Employment, education and support project. Access to this service is by professional referral only, please call for professional referral only, please call for details 0121 632 4849.

    Birmingham HIAH
    Drug and alcohol information and support for young people. Access to this service is by professional referral only, please call for details 0121 616 6126.

  • From 20 January 2004, the police and courts have had more power to close premises where drugs are used unlawfully. The police must make an application to the courts for a closure order.

    To grant a closure order, the court must be satisfied that:

    • The premises is being used for the production, supply or use of class A drugs
    • The presence of drugs can cause a serious threat to the safety of communities because of nuisance and disorder

    Premises subjected to a closure order will be securely sealed. The order can apply for up to three months and can be extended to six. Its an offence to enter or remain in the premises whilst the order is in force. The Home Office website has more information.

  • You can help us and the police gather evidence to prove drug-related offences by providing:

    • The descriptions, names, and addresses (if known) of the alleged perpetrators
    • Details of where the offence is being committed, and at what times and how frequently
    • The make, model and registration number of any vehicles seen to be involved (it may be that the same vehicles or people visit the property on a regular basis)
    • Details of any types of Antisocial Behaviour and crime that occur as a result of drug dealing in your area. Please let us know what these are. For example; street robbery, vehicle crime or frequent visitors to the property.
Frequently Asked Questions
    • We can only investigate incidents that happen in Birmingham. If the incident happened somewhere else, then you should notify the relevant local authority, or the police.

    • In some circumstances the councils service may be able to help resolve problems before they become full disputes. Even if there is a history of problems between the parties, Mediation can be useful in helping to resolve them.

    • We will respond to your complaint within one working day if it is a very serious complaint (category A) such as harassment, violence or threat of violence or a hate crime. We will respond to your complaint within five working days if it is a serious complaint (category B) such as threats or threatening behaviour, or intimidating behaviour from groups or individuals. We will also give you the name of the local officer who is looking into your complaint.

Related Links