Pay council tax by direct debit
Why should I pay by direct debit?
The easiest way to pay council tax is by direct debit.
- payments are made automatically by your bank or building society
- your payments are adjusted automatically each year
- you are fully protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee
When can I pay, and how often?
You can pay
- by 10 monthly instalments (on the 8th, 15th, 21st and 28th of the month)
- by 12 monthly instalments (on the 8th, 15th, 21st and 28th of the month)
- half-yearly (on 1st April and 1st October)
- annually (on 1st April)
The number of monthly instalments can vary depending on when the Direct Debit instruction is set up, details will be sent to you in writing before the Direct Debit payment is taken.
The yearly and half yearly payment dates can vary depending on the date the Direct Debit is set up, details will be sent to you in writing before the Direct Debit payment is taken.
Please read important information below before you select the submit button
By selecting the "submit" button at the end of the form, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement. By selecting "submit" you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement's terms and conditions.
Birmingham City Council undertakes data matching, where necessary, for a number of purposes, to comply with legal requirements placed on the Council. These include the detection and prevention of crime and fraud. For more information about how Birmingham City Council collects, holds and processes your personal information, please see our website at: www.birmingham.gov.uk/privacy