Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Dealing with Crime


West Midlands Police is responsible for policing in Birmingham. If you wish to report an emergency, phone the police, ambulance or fire services immediately on 999. To report a crime, other than an emergency, you should contact your local police station by calling 101.

Essential Information
  • Antisocial behaviour [ASB] can take on many forms. It can be unpleasant, annoying and even threatening. The council has its own team within Birmingham Community Safety Partnership to deal with antisocial behaviour .They are a specialist team who consider a range of options available to resolve problems of an antisocial nature.

    Find out more about how we can help with antisocial behaviour problems.

  • Birmingham Community Safety Partnership was established in 1998 and aims to reduce crime in the city. It brings together Birmingham City Council in partnership with West Midlands Police, West Midlands Fire Service, Staffordshire and West Midlands Probation Area Trust, Primary Care Trusts and the Third Sector Assembly.

    For more information, visit the Birmingham Community Safety Partnership website at www.birminghamcsp.org.uk.

  • Victim Support is the national charity for people affected by crime. It is a completely independent organisation, offering a free and confidential service, irrespective of whether or not a crime has been reported. This help is provided through a network of local Schemes across the whole of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

  • Emergency Services: 999

    Antisocial Behaviour Helpline: 0121 303 1111

    Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111

    Police and Crime Commissioner: 0121 626 6060

Frequently Asked Questions
    • Yes. Birmingham City Council has its own specialist team set up to deal with anti social behaviour cases reported by the public. The team is called BASBU (Birmingham Anti-Social Behaviour Unit) and can be contacted on 0121 303 1111.

    • Stay calm and dial 999 immediately notifying the police and any other emergency services relevant to the situation, i.e. Fire Service or Ambulance.