Birmingham Cycle Revolution
Our Vision is to make cycling an everyday way to travel in Birmingham over the next 20 years. We want 5% of all trips in the city to be made by bike by 2023 and to double this again to 10% by 2033. This will help to make our city healthier, greener, safer and less congested.
We will start by improving cycling facilities within a 20-minute cycling time of Birmingham city centre, with 95km of improvements to existing routes and 115km of new cycle routes. We will:
- Improve cycling conditions on popular main roads and parallel routes into the city centre;
- Provide quiet cycling routes and 20mph areas within residential areas;
- Upgrade towpaths on canals;
- Develop new cycling green routes through parks and open spaces;
- Improve local links to cycle routes;
- Provide new secure cycle parking hubs; and
- Develop cycle loan and hire schemes to make it easier for people to get started.
This will be supported by the Big Birmingham Bikes programme of free bikes, cycle training, and activities with employers, schools and communities to encourage cycling. You can even get rewarded for cycling with the Better Points app.
For more information on the project, progress updates or how you can get involved please contact the Birmingham Cycle Revolution team by email at email@example.com, tweet us @BCRBirmingham or like Birmingham Cycle Revolution on Facebook.