Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk



Housing repairs – Compensation claims


If you feel your personal belongings have been damaged you can make a claim for compensation by completing our Claim for Compensation Form at the bottom of this page. For the claim to be considered valid it has to be received within 28 days of the damage taking place or from the time you noticed it.

Once submitted, we will investigate your compensation claim.

Essential Information
  • If your claim for compensation is successful and you owe rent arrears or other debts to the housing department, the compensation will automatically go towards paying these debts.

  • Housing Repairs

    Telephone: 0800 073 3333 (free to call from a landline)
    Textphone: 0121 675 8221
    If calling from a mobile phone: 0300 555 0404 (will be cheaper than calling the freephone number)

Frequently Asked Questions
    • Our repair partners will do all they can to make sure that repairs are carried out satisfactorily. However, if the repairs either fail or exceed your expectations, please let them know.

      You can also register your complaint or compliment by filling in the online form or contact the following numbers

      0800 073 3333 - free from a landline

      0300 555 0404 - from a mobile phone, it's not free but is maybe cheaper

      0121 678 5343 - textphone for people who are deaf or hard of hearing

attached document Compensation Claim Form
Can't open the PDF document?
Then download the free Adobe Reader from Adobe