Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 23 July 2016 from 3.30 am to 1 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Housing repairs – Compensation claims

If your personal belongings have been damaged because of a repair that was done, or needs to be done, by the council, then you may be able to claim compensation.
Full details can be found in the Compensation Claim Form attached at the bottom of this page.

If you wish to claim compensation from the council, please complete the form below and make sure we receive it within 28 days of the damage taking place, or from the time you noticed it.

Once submitted, we will investigate your compensation claim and let you know if you are entitled to a compensation payment.

If your claim for compensation is successful and you owe rent arrears or other debts, the compensation will automatically go towards paying these debts.

To support your claim you should take photographs of the damage, where possible, and keep any damaged items that you are claiming for.

If you have your own contents insurance you should not use the form below but instead submit your claim to that policy. If you need contents insurance, take a look at the contents insurance policy for tenants and leaseholders we have arranged with Royal & Sun Alliance plc.