Child Safe in Birmingham City Centre
Birmingham is the first city to adopt the scheme across the entire city centre shopping area. The scheme is co-ordinated and funded by the business improvement district for retailers in Birmingham, Retail Birmingham, and is supported by Birmingham City Centre Partnership, West Midlands Police, Birmingham City Council, the Retail Crime Operation and the Safer City Forum.
What is a Child Safe Zone?
Child Safe Zones is a national scheme adopted by a number of major shopping centres throughout the UK.
The Child Safe Zone scheme is a safety initiative which:
- Enhances existing security policies
- Provides visitors with a standard, recognisable way to contact security teams and the Police
- Provides simple tools to re-unite lost children with their parents or guardians as soon as possible.
Birmingham City Centre Child Safe Zone
Parents and guardians will find it comforting to know that Birmingham City Centre is a Child Safe Zone and will be even more confident to visit here as a family, whether it be for shopping, to visit and attraction or see an event or show.
Retailers, Tourism Centres and Attractions across the City Centre have all joined forces to help promote the scheme, which has two key elements:-
Child Safe Helpline
By calling Birmingham Child Safe number 08702 116 999
Parents and guardians will be given 5 options. By selecting the option where they last saw their child, they will make contact with the security team closest to them:
- The Pallasades Shopping Centre
- For any other City Centre location eg New Street and Corporation Street
This number can be found on child friendly window stickers and posters throughout the City Centre
Child Safe Wristbands
Make sure your child carries your phone contact details at all times. Pick up a FREE Child Safe Zones wristband from one of the many outlets, write your telephone number in the back and the wristband can then be worn by your child whilst visiting the City Centre. FREE Child Safe Wristbands, leaflets and wallet cards are available from the following City Centre outlets:
- Bullring - Customer Service Desk, Middle West Mall
- The Pallasades Customer Care Desk and The Bridge Link
- The Mailbox by the Management Office, level 5
- WH Smith, Union Street
- Great Western Arcade
- Markets and Customer Services Desk
- Rotunda Tourism Centre
- New Street Welcome Centre
- Central Library Information Desk
- National Sea Life Centre
- Thinktank at Millennium Point
For further information on the Birmingham City Centre Child Safe Zone, please see below for a Child Safe leaflet.
You can also visit the Child Safe Zones website on www.childsafezones.co.uk
Contact / Feedback Form
If you have any comments on the City Centre Child Safe Zone or would like further information, please contact Birmingham City Centre Management on 0121 616 2894 or email email@example.com