Children's Commissioning and Brokerage Services
This page is known as www.birmingham.gov.uk/childrens-commissioning
The team commissions services with partner organisations for children, young people and families in Birmingham. Even though the team does not have a deployable budget we can signpost to appropriate funding opportunities. We offer a diverse skills mix from a staff team who are experienced in:
- Commissioning, procurement, tendering, and contract management.
- Service review and re-design.
- De-commissioning process.
- Project management.
- Data collection and needs analysis.
- Engagement with children, young people and families Engagement with providers and market management.
- Quality assurance frameworks.
- Governance arrangements within the council and within statutory requirements.
- Working with providers within the voluntary community sector, residential and foster provision, substance misuse and teenage pregnancy provision, family support, troubled families, sort breaks for disabled children and families and youth offending.
- Trained in all aspects of the commissioning cycle
Do you need support in analysing data? Are you lacking data that would support service development?The team has a host of data that can support the review and development of services.
Do you know what you want to provide, but unsure of how to get it or make change?The team has skills and expertise to develop and plan services that meet strategic requirements of both the local and central government. From identifying possible providers via open tenders, developing contracts and service specifications, developing purchasing plan; we can support service design and completion of service strategies and prospectus.
Do you need support in monitoring and evidencing the delivery of services?The team are experienced in managing contracts that range from £10,000 to £21,000,000. We have a depth of experience of commissioning and working with a variety of service providers and we can assist in building capacity and managing provider relationships.
Are you happy with the service you pay for? Do you think they could improve? Do you know of other providers out there?The team can support in service reviews to ensure that quality, safe, effective and efficient services are delivered to children, young people and families.
Contact the Commissioning and Brokerage team:
Telephone: 0121 675 1161 / 1253