Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk

Welcome to birmingham.gov.uk



Are you a professional who is concerned about a child?

If you are a professional (member of an agency who has involvement with a child) you will need to make a referral to the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).

Call MASH on 0121 303 1888 for a professional conversation, followed up by sumitting a Multi-Agency Referral Form. The form and guidance on completing a referral can be found below, along with a leaflet for professionals with more information on MASH.

For more information or to have a professional conversation about your concerns, contact:

Children’s Information and Advice Service

Monday to Thursday 08.45 – 17.15 and Friday 08.45 – 16.15

Telephone: 0121 303 1888

Outside of these hours contact the Emergency Duty Team

Telephone: 0121 675 4806

Making Referrals

Referrals should be emailed to MASH:



Further information

You can find out more about the MASH by visiting the Birmingham MASH page on the Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board website.

Child protection procedures are available from the Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board's website: Child Protection Procedures: Summary of Contents