Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 20th December 2014 between 8.00am and 8.00pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
bcda - Learning and Development Service
Our purpose is to support, assist and develop the social care workforce to improve the quality of care delivered to citizens in Birmingham. We do this in line with government policy, sector requirements, regional and local priorities, employer and employee needs, service user and carer interests.
In fulfilling this purpose we work in partnership with a range of organisations, customers and individuals including people who use services, direct payment recipients and carers, to support them to develop their workforce using a range of methods. We aim to respond to changing needs in social care and reflect emerging agendas. The services we currently offer include:
Understanding & Planning your Workforce:
- Workforce Intelligence & Planning
- National Minimum Data Set Support
- Organisational Analysis / Brokerage service
- Recruitment activity
- Apprenticeship support
- Funding applications for workforce development
Accessing Learning & Development for social care and social work
- Training Courses
- Leadership and Management Programmes
- Train the Trainer
- Access to E-Learning Packages
- Opportunities to participate in Communities of Practice, Action Learning Sets
- Opportunity to participate in reference groups influencing workforce responses to social care strategy/policy in the city
- Care Provider Network
- Training provider network
- Partnership development
- Organisational development and change
The bcda Learning and Development Service website lists a full range of training courses available to staff working within social care. This includes private, independent and voluntary organisations, people who use services and carers and Birmingham City Council staff.
Visit www.learningpool.com/bcda to view our courses, book your place online, download the latest edition of the bcda newsletter and network through our discussion forums.
To receive regular information about bcda services contact us at:
Phone: 0121 303 0990
Fax: 0121 303 0880