Due to essential maintenance some of our forms will be unavailable on Saturday 23 July 2016 from 3.30 am to 1 pm. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Acocks Green Ward
Acocks Green, a socially mixed Ward, lies about four miles South East of Birmingham City Centre. It has a recognisable centre itself, known as 'The Green' which is at the junction of the Warwick Road and three local through routes. The 'natural' boundary of Acocks Green can be seen as the canal along the Northern edge, the city boundary along the East side, then Lakey Lane as far as Broomhall Crescent. From there, a line can be drawn to Fox Hollies Leisure Centre and continued along York Road to the North Warwickshire Railway Line. To complete the boundary, the railway forms a barrier, as far as the canal. This area forms a natural community, easily understood by local people.
The ward has several supermarkets and commercially is an important shopping centre. It has eight primary schools and two secondary schools, and a variety of places of worship.
Acocks Green also has several historic buildings, including Grade II listed cottages in Arden Road, a Grade II listed Baptist Church (see picture), and Church Hall.(Source: Acocks Green History Society)(Copyright Photograph of Baptist Church - Anthony Spettigue 2004)
Acocks Green Ward covers the following local areas:
- Edenbridge Road Estate
- Gospel Estate
- Pemberley Road Flats
- Stockfield Estate
- Tyseley Estate (part)
- Yarnfield Estate
This includes postcode areas B11 (part) and B27.
Agendas for meetings are available electronically via Democracy in Birmingham
- Spring Road - Snow Hill - Stratford, via North Warwickshire line
- Acocks Green - Birmingham to Leamington line
- 1 - Town Hall to Acocks Green
- 11 - Outer Circle
- 30 - Acocks Green to Solihull Station
- 32 - Shirley to Swan at Yardley
- 36c - Sparkhill to Stechford, Five Ways
- 37 - City Centre to Solihull Station
- 37a - Acocks Green to NEC - Birmingham International Station
- 42 - Solihull Station to Hall Green
- 841 - Hall Green to Archbishop Ilsley RC School
- 850 - Birmingham to Land Rover, Solihull
- 866 - Birmingham to Bloomsfield Road School
- 885 - Solihull to King Edward VI School, Edgbaston
- 899 - Five Ways to Solihull School
Community Support & Development Officer
The Community Support & Development Officer for Acocks Green Ward is Mohammed Irfan.
Yardley District Office
Fox Hollies Leisure Centre
Birmingham B27 7NS
Tel. No. 0121 303 7865
Councillors Advice Bureaux - Acocks Green Ward
Parks and Open Spaces by Constituency and Ward
Cemeteries and Crematoria: Yardley Cemetery and Crematorium
Acocks Green Neighbourhood Forum
History of Acocks Green