Support and services for Carers
Finding help and support for carers
There are a number of organisations that offer help to carers, from daily help in your home, to respite care, to finding funding.
- The Birmingham Carers Hub will help you access a wide-range of help and support..
- Find out more about respite care and breaks for carers on our My Care in Birmingham website.
- Find a list of providers of all types and care and support, including carer breaks and respite care, on our My Care in Birmingham website.
Who is a carer?
You are a carer if you look after a friend, relative or neighbour who has a long-term disability, mental health difficulty, or is frail due to old age, and you are not paid for the care you provide.
You may be helping them with:
- personal care, such as washing, dressing or taking medication;
- practical care, such as support with shopping, cooking and cleaning; or
- emotional support if they are lonely, worried or get upset.
You do not have to live in the same house as the person you care for to be their carer.
Application for Carers Break Grant 2015/16
Thank you for your interest in applying for the above grant.
The allocated budget for year 2015/16 has now been spent. This means we are not able to process any more applications for this financial year.
Please continue to check our website: www.birmingham.gov.uk/carers-info for further information/updates regarding the Carers Break Grants budget allocation for 2016/17 after April 1st 2016. Alternatively you can telephone 0121 303 4044 after this date.
Thanking you for your co-operation in this matter.