Birmingham City Council

In an emergency...

View emergency planning information at

In emergencies, for Police, Fire or Ambulance, dial 999or112.

Free home safety checks are available from West Midlands Fire Service

Highways Emergencies (out of hours):

If you need to report a danger on the highway (including faulty lighting, dangerous structures, road hazards, etc.) during times when our office are closed (evenings, weekends & bank holidays), call Birmingham City Council control centre on: 0121 303 4149. Other problems, which do not represent a danger, may be reported via this form.

If You Smell Gas:

Contact Transco on 0800 111 999

Dangerous Structures:

To report dangerous structures during office hours, call: 0121 303 7179 / 0121 303 4149

For other Emergency Services provided by Birmingham City Council see the related links section below:

Street Lighting
Dangerous Trees
Chemists' Sunday Rota
West Midlands Police
Emergency Housing Repairs
West Midlands Fire Services