Place Directorate Business Plan
Place Directorate is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of services that support all citizens of Birmingham. The services are delivered primarily through the District Committees with other services delivered on a citywide basis where this provides better value for money.
The main responsibilities of the directorate include:
- Localisation and Devolution
- District Services (including Neighbourhood Offices, Sport & Leisure, Youth Services, Adult Education, Connexions)
- Fleet and Waste Services (refuse collection, street cleaning and trade waste)
- Housing Management & Repairs
- Maintenance of Highways, Traffic Management, Drainage and Resilience
- Private Rented Sector Housing
- Parks and Nature Services
- Regulation and Enforcement (Bereavement Services, Register Office, Environmental Health, Licensing and Trading Standards)
- Equalities, Social Cohesion and Community Safety
The directorate is also responsible for one of the largest social landlord services in the UK including tenant and asset management of approximately 65,000 properties and other services including Community Safety, Coroners and Mortuary, Markets, Strategic Sport & Events.