The Benefit Service holds the following forums:
- a quarterly private landlord forum. If you are interested in participating, please contact Kate McKivett on
Telephone: 0121 464 3581
If you are a Landlord who is not receiving payments of rent from your tenant you should ensure that, before contacting the Benefit Service, you have spoken to your tenant and agreed repayment terms. If the tenant is experiencing financial difficulties they should be advised to contact the Benefit Service direct.
Payment dates can be found in the essential information below.Changes to the way we deal with calls from Landlords
From 1 January 2013, the way our Customer Contact Centre deals with queries from landlords will change.
From that date, contact centre advisors will only be able to deal with two queries per call. If you require further advice and information, you will need to make another call.
If you are a Registered Social Landlord and you receive monthly reports from the Benefit Service, contact centre advisors will not be able to answer any queries regarding the status of your tenants' claims.
- Department for Works and Pensions
- Gov UK
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Gov UK - information about working, jobs and pensions
- The Rent Service
- National Benefit Fraud Hotline
- HM Revenue & Customs – Tax Credits
- HM Revenue & Customs – Child Benefit